Card Protection Program (CPP) Clarified


Here are the answers to some of the general questions that people ask about CPP. For any other queries, please call the CPP helpline number - 6000-4000 (Prefix city STD code if calling from a mobile phone).

Why should I buy a CPP Card Protection membership?
When you realise that your wallet is missing, it's a race against time to have all your cards stopped immediately. With CPP Card Protection, all it takes is one free call to the customer service team and they will contact your card issuers to have your cards cancelled within minutes. So no matter where you are in the world, CPP will take care of it for you.


What does my membership cover?
A summary of the benefits you are entitled to is as follows:

  • One free call to block all your cards
  • 24 hour toll free helpline
  • World wide cover
  • Emergency travel & cash assistance
  • Fraud protection
  • Valuable document registration

Lost card replacement assistance The details are contained in the membership guide and terms and conditions which come with your welcome pack.

How can I purchase a membership?
To buy Card Protection call CPP on 6000-4000(Prefix city STD code if calling from mobile phone)

------ Classic plan Premium plan
Single - Rs. 995/- Rs. 1295/-
Joint - Rs. 1495/- Rs. 1945/-

How can I pay for my membership?
CPP accept payment by Visa and MasterCard. The annual fee is deducted as one lump sum at the beginning of the membership and is automatically applied each year until you advise otherwise

When will I receive my welcome pack?
Normally, you should receive the welcome pack within one week from the date the payment is confirmed.

What is in the welcome pack?
The welcome pack contains the following items:
-A confirmation letter outlining your membership details.
-A registration form for you to register all your card details.
-Terms and conditions of the membership.
-A membership guide listing all the benefits you are entitled to.
-Key fobs and reminder stickers which will help serve as reminders of CPP contact numbers.

How long is a membership period?
Your membership runs continuously for one year from the membership effective date.

How do I renew mu membership?
Six weeks prior to the expiry date of your membership, CPP will send you a reminder letter advising that your membership is due for renewal. CPP will take payment from the same credit card as in the initial membership unless otherwise advised by you to debit an alternate.

Can I cancel my membership anytime?
When you first purchase the membership, you have a 30 day cooling off period when you can cancel the membership and receive a refund if no claims have been made.

How do I register my cards?
There are 2 options for registering your card details.
Mail - You can complete the registration form, found in your welcome pack and return it to : CPP Assistance Services Pvt. Ltd.PO Box No. 4337,Kalkaji Post OfficeNew Delhi - 110019
Phone - You can call CPP on 6000-4000 (Prefix city STD code if calling from mobile phone)

Why do I need to register my cards?
Your cover starts as soon as CPP have confirmed payment. Therefore, we recommend that you register your card details with CPP as soon as possible. By doing so, CPP will be able to cancel your cards right away to avoid card fraud taking place.

If I lose my cards, how do I report the loss?
As soon as you have discovered the loss, you should call CPP's lost and stolen card helpline on 6000-4000 (Prefix city STD code if calling from mobile phone) as soon as possible to report your loss. CPP will then contact your card issuers immediately to cancel your cards.

If I am abroad and I find that my wallet, travel tickets and passport have been stolen, what should I do?
When you discover the items are missing, immediately call CPP's lost and stolen card helpline on 6000-4000 (Prefix city STD code if calling from mobile phone). CPP's specially trained agents will be able to guide you through the whole process. It's first priority will be to cancel the lost cards. CPP will then advise you how and where to receive a replacement passport. Finally, CPP will assist in the re-issuing of travel tickets so that you may return home.

How can I pay for my hotel expenses?
You should inform CPP that you would like assistance with the hotel payment. CPP will then liaise with the hotel and advance the expenses to pay the hotel directly.

How do I make a claim?
Should you ever need to make a claim, please call CPP on 6000-4000 (Prefix city STD code if calling from mobile phone) and they will send you a claim form. The form needs to be completed with as much detail as possible and then returned to CPP with original documents for processing.

Is there any time period limitation for submitting a claim?
All claims must be received within 28 days from the date of reporting card loss. Please remember to include all the documents that CPP ask for, including original receipts (not photocopies) for any expenses claimed for. If you do not, CPP will not be able to process your claim until we have received them.

Who can I contact if I have any questions relating to my membership?
You can call the customer service helpline on 6000-4000 (Prefix city STD code if calling from mobile phone). The lines are open 24 hour a day, seven days a week.

back to Credit Card Security articles